Dimplex Opti-Myst - rapidly switching lights on/off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a Dimplex Danville Opt-myst fire which is a number of years old and out of warranty.

I have searched the forum but cannot find anyone posting the same type of fault so if anyone can help it would be much appreciated please.

The fault is as follows: -
1. I switch the fire light/mist effect on (no heat/fan) and the usual 4 x lights come on.
2. After 20-30 seconds I hear the click to start the transducer/mist effect - I can see it start to resonate/bubble and generate some mist.
3. However, what then happens is the transducer rapidly switches off/on again along with the lights - several times a second with the accompanying clicking sound. This will continue for 20 seconds plus before it recognises all is not ok and it switches off completely. The transducer is positioned correctly and there is sufficient water.

I am presuming this is either some sort of transducer problem (.....I have replaced this successfully in the past) or possibly a PCB or solenoid/switch issue?

Any advice would be really helpful on what might be the cause and whether the components can be sourced to repair it?

Thanks for your help and Merry Christmas!

Sponsored Links
Hi Richard,

It sounds to me like you could have an issue with either the transducer or PCB. Sometimes when the transducers become faulty, they try to draw too much current and it causes the PCB to shut down (turning the whole fireplace off). If the transducer isn't faulty, the only other possibility causing the fault would be the PCB.

I would suggest first replacing the transducer, as it's a quick and simple job. If that doesn't fix your issue then replace the PCB.

The part numbers for the Danville:
Glass Disk Transducer - SP01/70852/0
Main PCB - SP03/22852/0

I normally use a company called "Electricspares" when sourcing spares for Dimplex, here's a link to both of the spares:

Hi SparkyVolts,

Sorry for my delay replying - thanks so much for taking the time to respond and with part numbers.
I have replaced the Transducer once before so will start with that and then try the PCB.

Will update for the benefit of others when I get chance.

Wishing you a very successful 2024!
Richard

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back