Dimplex Opti-Myst fires

Can I bring this thread back to life! I have the stove type optimyst. The lights come on but no mist, and then times out after a few seconds. I have changed the main PCB and changed the transducer for new. Still giving me the same problem!

I haven't checked the potentiometer yet... apart from that, is there any advise?

Sponsored Links
GadgeSxi, have you verified the transducer is making contact with the spring contacts? You can see the transducer is working by removing the vapour tray and visually inspect the item sitting in the reservoir. Should have tiny bubbles being formed. If it is working then ensure the fan runs.

Given the price hike in electricity just painted up a couple of 35W bulbs I found in my spares box using the paint as recommended by G4FAQ. At least that will be 30W savings. If they work well, I will consider replacing a couple more.

Sponsored Links
Gosford stove - After about an hour of use, the lights cut out but the mist continues working as normal. After about 5 - 10 minutes or so, the lights come back on again. Then after while the lights go out, then come back on again, and so on.
Any ideas??

Thermal cut out (intentional, or otherwise a loose connection).

Blup

So i learnt a hard lesson, new china transducer ni fix, replaced everything no fix.... then investigated transducer. My issue was 5 beeps i found was overcurrent, cheap chinese copy transducer stamped at 650ma was drawing 750 and crawled with heat to 780 at which point the PCB trips it as faulty. BUY GENUINE TRANSDUCER rated at 500mA

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back