Dimplex Duo heaters' faults

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone, please excuse me if I've done this wrong. This is my first post."I have two Dimplex storage heaters not working correctly. One in the lounge, the other in the hall. One heats up overnight but the instant radiant heat doesn't work. Also, all the bars light up and when you try to adjust the settings with the +/- buttons, it just clicks. Dimplex advised PCB fault. The second doesn't heat overnight but the instant heat does. And programs ok." With the controller set to comfort mode. Had a sparky come out who was experienced with Dimplex but was foxed. He didn't get to open the covers though. I tried switching the main dial on the controller to different positions and switching it off (with the heaters turned on) but it made no difference. Also to note, I disconnected 3 panel heaters in other rooms and binned them. Disconnecting the hard-wired - to socket wires ( 4 - one is a pilot) and removing them from their plastic screw-type connectors from the main wiring. But he said that shouldn't affect anything. Over the past 2 months, I've advertised on Trustatrader Checkatrade and MyBuilder but no one seems to have much interest in coming out to look. The controller is an RXPW4. Can anyone help? Location Swindon.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back