Dimplex EPX panel heater

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a couple of Dimplex EPX panel heaters which switch off after a few seconds. Sliding the thermostat knob makes no difference. Is it the thermostat board and can I get a replacement board?

The heaters are EPX 750 series C, and EPX 1500 series B, both were new in 2008. A new heater will cost around £120, so a repair would be good, especially as there are five others in the flat which may fail soon!

Below is a pic of the thermostat board. Any help would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Can you try taking a board out one of the known working heaters to see if it brings the faulty one back to life?

AlanE, I was hoping to get just the thermostat board - the whole control board assembly includes virtually all the working parts apart from the element. I will ring them tomorrow and see what they say.

BigJon, could do but I was hoping that someone out there would have had the same problem and could tell me so I wouldn't need to strip down another heater, unsolder all the wires, swap the board, resolder and switch on!
Do you know what the yellow mastic type stuff is around the joint into the board?

Thank you for your replies.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that jj4091. I sprayed it with WD40 which made no difference unfortunately.

flameport - ok, won't use that again! I wiped the contacts with a rag to dry them and get rid of any dirt. I have just checked the slider with a multimeter and it seems ok - the resistance changes as the slider is moved.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back