Dimplex Storage Heater - Asbestos?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I've just bought an old house and it has this storage heater in the hall. It's part dismantled (bricks are gone), but there is still a layer of insulation.
I can't find a serial number on it anywhere. Can anyone recognise the model and whether it is an asbestos risk?

TIA

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
Thanks for the info. We bagged it out to the garage (mask, gloves, goggles). That was probably pretty stupid then. Will contact the council about disposing of it.

Sponsored Links
Hi @JobAndKnock, do not despair! I have three of these, the model no is HC81, which do not contain asbestos. Just in case you have been worrying for a year about doing damage to your lungs and for anyone else googling.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    348.1 KB · Views: 99
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    271.7 KB · Views: 103
I recall having to stop a labourer who had (unbidden) decided to dismantle several night storage heaters by ripping the top off and throwing the firebricks into one skip and the metal into the recycle skip. He was then left with a "blanket" and some grey boards which he brought to ask about... No idea what make of storage heaters they were, but watching the Site Manager having something approaching a blue fit was entertaining

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back