Storage heater model query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm hoping to identify the brand and model of this storage heater, to assess whether an asbestos removal is required.
Unfortunately the previous homeowners painted it all over so it's difficult to identify.
To me it looks like the modern slimline type so I'm hopeful that it's asbestos free.
If anyone can recognise it I would greatly appreciate your expertise!
Thanks

Attachments

• 20230119_195104.jpg
    20230119_195104.jpg
    183.8 KB · Views: 51
  • 20230119_195111.jpg
    20230119_195111.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 50
  • 20230119_195118.jpg
    20230119_195118.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 47
  • 20230119_195127.jpg
    20230119_195127.jpg
    209 KB · Views: 49
Sponsored Links
It looks like a version of the Dimplex XL as per the one below. They had that style of grille for a while. I can't confirm whether it has asbestos in or not, but I wouldn't have thought so. Asbestos started to be officially banned in the 1980's in the UK but the dangers were known earlier. I think your heater is probably newer than that, 1990's maybe?

Dimplex XL.jpg

Capture2.JPG

Storage heaters are designed to be connected to a special low tariff, off-peak electricity, which is separate from the rest of the house electrical supply and only operates when a cheaper electricity tariff is available. During the cheaper rate (primarily overnight) the heater is powered and stores the heat within its thermal blocks. The heat is then released from the thermal blocks during the day. The off-peak rate is generally less than half the price of the normal electricity used during the day.

It appears though that yours maybe just plugged into a normal 13A socket at the side of it. If so, it will be using full price electricity. :eek:

Capture.JPG

If it is a Dimplex XL. You can find the instructions that explain how to use it properly, along with the manufacturers contact information here.

I see that this is your first post, so for future reference, this forum is called "Your Projects" and its use is defined as:

Capture1.JPG

The electrical, or perhaps plumbing and central heating forums would have probably been better for your query that's generally where the folks who know about these things hang out.

EDIT:
I see the mods have moved it for you already. :)

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back