DIN Rail Enclosure Boxes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Do most DIN rail enclosures vary in size in terms of say using MK mcb's in Hager enclosures

I have a garage RCD cu which I want to change cause I need to add a few new circuits and I'm reduced to two circuits with the garage cu I have presently.

I want to buy a new enclosure and fit the RCD+mcb's from the garage cu into the new one.

If I bought a branded enclosure like hager, mk etc will different branded mcb's fit ok in the enclosure? or is there a slight difference in size between different branded mcb's?

I want to opt for a different enclosure to the volex make of the mcb's i'm using as I want a higher rated IP and one that looks nicer.

TLC offer different branded enclosures but does anyone know of anywhere else that will offer other makes/style/higher IP rated?

For some reason I don't like the sound of Volex mcb's in a MK/Hager enclosure.

Sponsored Links
My local stores had very limited range and nothing really suitable. I tried a new wholesaler in my area, regarded as the biggest in NI but because its just a counter style place and you ask for what you want, the guy could only find 3-4 rubbish one's with hager being the only choice.

Sponsored Links
Been to screwfix, TLC, RS and some others but the range is limited.

I found a couple but as always, you can't buy direct from them unless its a huge quantity.

They also seem to come with 100a switches etc which I don't want.

I know Newlec din-rail boxes fit Wylex and MK breakers very well.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back