Dip treated shiplap vs pressure treated overlap shed?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to replace my shed which is falling into pieces. I've done my research. From what I understand:
  • pressure treated wood is preferred to dip treated (in my case the shed is placed right up a fence and neighbours shed, so difficult access on 2 sides with little air flow).
  • shiplap is better than overlap (shiplap are designed more effectively to increased the reliability and durability compared to overlap)
In an ideal world, I'd go for a Pressure treated Shiplap shed, but that's not an option on the site I'm looking at (out of my budget of £250). Therefore would it be better to go for dip treated shiplap or pressure treated overlap shed?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Sponsored Links
pressure treated overlap(y) - shiplap may look nicer but you can get gaps when it shrinks, unless best quality. So what I suggest is probably the best for your buget

Sponsored Links
Dip treated coats the timber and may go only a millimeter or two into the timber. Soon wears off by wind and wind and the timber is left unprotected. Coating the timber with Sadolin Classic will give it at least 5 and probably more than 10 years before it needs re-coating. ( 20 years in the case of the exterior timbers of my old house )

https://www.sadolin.co.uk/products/sadolin-classic-wood-protection/

Pressure treated goes deeper.

Best is vacuum treatment ( VacVac ) to remove air from the timber and then pressure to force the preservative deep into the timber.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back