Shed purchase dilemma

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
Really looking forward to your feedback here!
For roughly the same money you can get:

1. Shiplap dip treated
2. Overlap pressure treated

Obviously the best combination would be shiplap pressure treated, but if you had to compromise somewhere would it be in the construction or the treatment???

Also, what views on the fairly cheap overlap dip treated sheds? Know they won’t stand the test of time, but they tend to be cheap enough that you just replace them after 3 or 4 years????

Sponsored Links
Shiplap for me as it's no big deal to keep up treating the wood. I rather like it myself, painting the shed in the summer with a beer :)

Shiplap for me as it's no big deal to keep up treating the wood. I rather like it myself, painting the shed in the summer with a beer :)
would rather drink the beer :D
i love ducks back 2 coats ever 3 or 4 years on my now 13 year old pressure treated txg ship lap shed with no rot

Sponsored Links
Based on the comments, maybe I should do things in reverse.....
Consume lots of beer then go to the DIY shop to buy the shed and see what I come home with .
Hopefully it will be a shed!

Based on the comments, maybe I should do things in reverse.....
Consume lots of beer then go to the DIY shop to buy the shed and see what I come home with .
Hopefully it will be a shed!

No, you will probably get more beer and a takeaway

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back