Diplomat ADP8322 dishwasher powers off when door is raised

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My dishwasher powers itself off when i get the door to a certain point(roughly 45 degree angle) theres an electrical click from underneath each time i go past this angle, drop the door back down and lights come back on, any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Take off the outer door skin & check for broken/chaffed wiring at the door pivot point.
Post the 12 digit service number on the door sticker if you need more info. It should look something close to this: 854500015810.

Took skin of and a wire has snapped, is it an easy job too repair? i know next to nothing about electrics :(
number on machine is 33 0635 008 550
thanks

Sponsored Links
Go to Halfords, B&Q etc & buy yourself one of these http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/...catalogId_10151_productId_232479_langId_-1_ca If there isn't enough slack on the cable to use an insulated crimp then join in a short section of cable & use 2 connectors. Make sure the plug is out before you go cutting any wires & ensure everything is properly insulated when you're finished. That was the S/N you posted, not the service number. But it doesn't matter now...you found the problem:cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back