Diplomat APP2440 cooker hood light problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Diplomat APP2440. Probably about 16-17 years old.
Light doesn't work. Fan works fine.
ksnip_20230627-150935.png

If you hammer away at the light switch, the light will flicker. If you wiggle the fan/light cable, the light will flicker. So something in that control box is loose or worn out.
I have removed the two screws indicated with the pink arrows but I cannot get the box to budge. There are no screws visible from the outside. Pushing on all the buttons doesn't seem to dislodge it.
Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Sounds like you need to re-terminate the light cable at both ends or at least the light end

Sponsored Links
Yes that's definitely a screw but I can't believe it was fitted afterwards. There's only about 25mm between it and the top of the hood. I will try...

So, turns out that the metal plate above the switch box was "glued" in place by ancient grease :eek:. I got a bit more brave with a screwdriver and found that it was very slowly moving and eventually came off!
Once in the box, I found a dry joint between the light switch and the board. Sorted!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back