Diplomat Dishwasher F7 error

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a diplomat dishwasher ADP 8132 and it is giving me a F7 fault, so following notes on a previous post in this forum, i have removed the side pannels and removed the plug on the fill chamber and cleaned the terminals on the plug connection. I also checked all the plugs and mountings inside the dishwasher. i turned it on again and then got an F6 fault.

Again i did the same and checked all the plugs and connections, then tried again. now getting and F7.

I have tried this several times, and now keep getting the F7. It looks like i'm going to have to replace a part but i have been told that i need to change about three parts the inlet valve, drain pump and fill chamber assembly at £70, £35 and £50 respectively. Is this correct?

It seems a bit off having to spend £155 for parts when i could get a new dishwasher from Argos for £200. :(

Any help would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
This machine is probably produced by Smeg but can you post the details on the door sticker to make sure?

Hi, i don't think it's a Smeg i was told before it was a Whirlpool machine, but i'll check the door sticker later today.

If it is a Whirlpool it will have a 12 digit service number that begins with 85.
Still suspect it may be a Smeg but I have been wrong before.

Sponsored Links
Hi I have misread the model number it is an ADP 8322, and the number is 854500015810.

Hi I have misread the model number it is an ADP 8322, and the number is 854500015810.
Tut-tut....
Yes....this is indeed a Whirlpool. Although the advice you got is (I suppose) technically correct & obviously given by someone in the trade...they are however hedging all bets. Check the inlet hose isn't kinked/squashed. You can rule out a failed inlet valve by simply hotwiring it, if you get flow all well & good. Then the problem either boils down to a failed flow meter or a blocked/defective pressure switch. Lie the machine on its back, take off the baseplate & remove the pressure switch http://www.espares.co.uk/parts?k=481227128407 Make sure the grill isn't blocked by garbage & use a multimeter to check it switches ok. If the pressure switch fuctions ok then the fault is the flowmeter. Unless you are able to remove & replace the reed switch on the flowmeter card you'll have to buy one of these http://www.espares.co.uk/parts?k=481241868147

Thanks for the advice it's much appreciated.

A wee question, how do i hot wire the valve? and as for the pressure switch i can get hold of a multimeter, but for testing the pressure switch what do i do.

I'm not an electrical engineer so any direction would be appreciated.

If you are in any way unsure about working on an electrical appliance it might be better to call someone who is.
As for the pressure switch, the grille on tends to get blocked over time. Remove the switch from the pump & make sure the grille & area behind it is clear. Behind the grille is a thin rubber diaphragm & it operates a micro-switch. Be very careful not to damage the diaphragm! After cleaning connect you multimeter to the switch contacts & gently poke a cable-tie or similar through the grille to check if the switch functions. If you checked what was mentioned earlier but still get an F6 or F7 error then you no other choice but to change the flow-meter/brake tank & hope that solves the problem.

Checked the pressure switch and it is OK. It was full of crud so i cleaned it out.

Went round and checked all the connections and all were secure. turned it on and got an F6. going to try and wire up the valve at the weekend and will keep you posted.

OK so the valve does not seem to be working. Also had my dad who used to be an armiture winder many years ago checked the fill chamber and he said that he could not get any signals from it no matter what he did. so looks like i will need to replace both parts.

I can't seem to find the inlet valve on the espares website. I even tried the whirlpool spares but was not sure which one.

Go to the Espares site & type in the service number 854500015810. It will list all the spares you need.
Is there voltage to the inlet valve?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back