Diplomat oven hinges

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

I'm hoping someone could shed some light on an oven door hinge problem... i've searched through but can't find a specific answer so sorry if it's been covered before...

We have a diplomat ADP3640 oven. Hinges are clearly gone. Oven sits about an inch proud when closed. Mrs now fed up with my innovative extending handle mop solution...

I think these are the hinges... Well the left one at least

http://www.espares.co.uk/part/cooke...76/0/1073960/478065/oven-left-hand-hinge.html

But... before i drop 50 notes in order to prevent a rash new oven purchase without my consent or prior knowledge... I can't get my head around how to actually attach them. I've stripped the door off and can get to the hinges so no problem there. What i'm struggling to work out is how to actually get the hinges off. It looks like I would need to actually take the oven out to get to the part of the hinges that are hidden if that makes any sense? and based on other posts on the subject I don't think I should have to do that.

Looking at the picture below it looks like the hinges are in two separate parts.. the bit attached to the door (the bit I guess i'd be buying) and the bit attached to the oven but they seem to be attached only by rivets. Can't find any screws or anything...

dsc0006ap.jpg

So what am I missing? Do i need to take the oven out ton get to the hidden part of the hinges?

Any help very much appreciated, thanks

Sponsored Links
You need to check the hinge rollers as well (the bits in the chassis for wear)

look at the roller itself for wear and also the bottom part where the notch on the hinge itself sits.

Try putting a piece of folded tinfoil on the bottom part of the roller where the notch sits and see if this helps as with alot of these the rollers wear more than the door springs. Sometimes the hinges and rollers need changing others just the hinge or roller.

Rocks1 Cheers! Easy when you know how eh...

And in a moment of unusually good luck i've taken it off and put it back on again and it seems to have solved the problem. Or at least drastically improved it.

Haven't checked it for maintaining temperature yet so we'll see.

I still think the hinges are on the way out cos the door still wont stay put at 45 degrees like it used to. but it's definitely good enough for the time being.

Thanks again!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back