Dirty money?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Right, I'm just back from a few days in hospital (the story of my life :rolleyes: ).

Anyway enough about me, my son has sold his car for £1000 and the new owner is bringing the cash on Tuesday to pay for the car, how do I check if the money is counterfeit? It is best to take the money to the bank for them to check it before we release the car? or is there's a better way?

Sponsored Links
masona said:
Right, I'm just back from a few days in hospital (the story of my life :rolleyes: ).

Anyway enough about me, my son has sold his car for £1000 and the new owner is bringing the cash on Tuesday to pay for the car, how do I check if the money is counterfeit? It is best to take the money to the bank for them to check it before we release the car? or is there's a better way?

UV light/pen thingy?

Get full details of person etc (or copy his/her drivers licence) as precaution.
Or use trust ?

got to use a bit of judgement and trust really. look at the feel of the notes, watermark etc. any doubts dont accept it. having said that the way your luck has been lately id ask for a bankers draft! ;)

Sponsored Links
Since the new owners would be traceable from the reg of the car, in the event that you find the money is funny, the police could track them down. If your customer also uses false details, they would then have a stolen car on their hands. If that is what they wanted, it would be easier just to nick one, in the first place. Anyone that wants to launder money, would rather convert it into untraceable assets.

I would also mention that the big counterfeit rings in Essex were caught some years back.

I know that none of these issues are a garantee. Just hoping to put your fears into perspective. All the best.

The motoring press say take the buyer to a bank with the notes and pay them in to your account with everybody (buy, seller and cashier) present. If they're decent folk, they won't mind.

securespark said:
take the buyer to a bank with the notes and pay them in to your account with everybody present. If they're decent folk, they won't mind.
Bit like Rogue traders in reverse :LOL: ..That`s what I do:cool:

From what I know of depoisiting large wads of notes in the bank from jobs, they just accept it , count it an stick it in their cash desk ,

Sponsored Links
Back