Dirty water pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Stuart Turner supervort 140a p47240/5010/0426 part code 46541
That has slowly started loosing its power! on taking it apart I can see a plastic disk with a spiral on it that looks worn its about 3 1/2 inch in diameter .
I was wondering if it could be replaced? I looked on their website but I could not see anything about repairs.

Sponsored Links
The disc wont be worn, at new they deal with grey water and semi solids up to around 20mm and kick out around 100 litres per minute. Why do you believe it is down on power?

Hi Pumps
Thanks for the reply
The pump just got slower and slower to start up, like it can't break the initial inertia to start the water flowing.

Sponsored Links
Agree with just pumps. I used to repair/service a lot of sub pumps and it sounds as though the electrical insulation on the internal windings may be breaking down due to intermittent shorts. They are not "user friendly" for diy repairs unless it is simply replacing an impeller. Yours unfortunately doesn't sound like a worn impeller.

Used to recon the bigger heavy burgers, rewinds and all.

Yes, that was my skilled trade, armature winder for nearly 40 years. Everything from fhp motors up to 4,000+kW 11kV units for power stations. Also repaired associated equipment such as gear boxes, screw drives, pumps, truck armatures etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back