Disabling double light switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I have taken low voltage cabinet lights out and a switch isolator . The double switch needs disabling and the wires terminal blocking so I can take the switch off the wall . Below are the pictures . Anyone any advice please ?

Attachments

• IMG_20220630_151609_667.jpg
    IMG_20220630_151609_667.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_20220630_151606_272.jpg
    IMG_20220630_151606_272.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 48
Sponsored Links
What do you intend to do after removing the switch ,are you going to fit a blanking plate in its place ?

Yes. That's what I want to do , cheers
It sounds lk you have worked it out for yourself already.
Turn power off, check for dead to make sure you dont get a shock, slacken switch screws & remove switch, insert all 3 brown wires into individual bits of terminal block and tighten screws ensuring nothing can touch live parts, turn power back on.

Sponsored Links
Put the earth conductors together in an insulated terminal block.
Put the 3 brown ones into 3 seperate insulated terminal blocks,and leave the blues as they are.
I assume the blanking plate will e plastic ?

It sounds lk you have worked it out for yourself already.
Turn power off, check for dead to make sure you dont get a shock, slacken switch screws & remove switch, insert all 3 brown wires into individual bits of terminal block and tighten screws ensuring nothing can touch live parts, turn power back on.
Put the earth conductors together in an insulated terminal block.
Put the 3 brown ones into 3 seperate insulated terminal blocks,and leave the blues as they are.
I assume the blanking plate will e plastic ?
Apologies, I missed the earthwires, my only (inexcusable) excuse is I didn't xpand the thumbnails.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back