disadvantage of using an essex flange over a warix flange

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have just a nice shiny new Techflow QT-80-2 NHE twin-ended negative head pump fitted to supply a shower (adjacent to tank and pump) and full bathroom (above, hence negative head part).

With the pump, I had a Techflange fitted (essentially an essex flange)... geat stuff except for one thing...

With a warix flange (ie. drawing from the top), if you have a large tank, but only use a little hot water, you can get away with running the boiler to heat the water for about 20 mins or so, to create enough hot water for a bath of shower by drawing off the hot water floating at the top of the tank (where the flange draws from).... the Techflow (essex) flange draws much lower which means that in order to get hot water, you need to run the boiler for much longer to get the water hot.

although i accept the essex flange is a better solution, i'm almost tempted to revert to a warix to save a fortune in gas bills!

does anyone else find this?... or should i just stop being tight and accept that 20mins per day is not enough to make hot water!

cheers

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back