Disasters waiting to happen?

It's got to be mdf cupboards with holes cut out
of the fronts, in situ a bit of chicken wire a la changing rooms....

Minimalism.....people will get bored with not finding anything interesting to look at...

Sad London loft apartments, (it was a warehouse for god's sake, you'd freeze your
balls off in the middle of winter)

Those big stupid chrome radiators, allegedly a 'feature'.

I suppose most of the diy/property shows will go, at least it'll leave most of the
folks genuinely interested in DIY to get on with it......

Sponsored Links
Trouble is, when they get fed up with the makeover shows, they'll probably resume the obsession with cookery.

I would love to see, just once, a scene where the guinee pig says, "Oh my god! that tastes disgusting!" They always get someone to taste the stuff. What's the bl**dy point. We all know they're going to find it more orgasmic than sex. If they don't, they simply cut, and retake the scene.

I'm glad that at least one person here have been distinguishing between "makeover" shows and DIY shows. Now, makeover shows are the ones where they get someone straight out of art college to flounce about the place reminding us all "I'm a designer!" at every opportunity. There was a brilliant article in Viz, about how MPs had voted in favour of a CPOO (Compulsory "P*ss Off" Order) on Linda Barker, and how she had two weeks to appeal before she would be told to "p*ss off" by the government. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sarah Beenie, however, is a talented lady I reckon. She is a (well-developed) DEVELOPER rather than a "designer" with a face like a bulldog licking p*ss off a stinging nettle. ;) She actually gives out good advice to the poor saps in her programme trying to make it big in property. At the same time as the two "good friends" were attempting their programme on "How to make a million pounds by some very dubious addition", there was an episode of Property Ladder where they revisited a woman who had taken Ms B's advice and had millions of pounds of property now.

There need to be some good DIY shows. The current batch tend to focus more on "here is a tradesman doing it, but we won't give you any detail". There is at least one on Sky somewhere that actually goes into detail.

TexMex said:
I would love to see, just once, a scene where the guinee pig says, "Oh my god! that tastes disgusting!"

Howsabout even better, Delia has some highly-strung chef (preferably French, just for the accent) who tastes her soup, gives her an evil look, then slaps her and says "you insult ma country an ma fellow chefs bah cooking this abomination that you call 'sooooop'?! Aaaaah would not feed this rubbish to ma donkey. Au revoir!". :LOL:

Simon Cowell can do it with singers, why can't a chef do it with a TV-cook? (Note that she is not a chef, many chefs have reminded me of this many times :rolleyes: )

It would keep Terry Wogan in Auntie's Bloomers for a year or two.

Sponsored Links
Reality TV will surely bite the dust soon?

How much longer can we be enthralled at seeing folk going on holiday (airport) swapping wives (ooh err!) or buying houses (TYP!!)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back