Disclaimers.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i include words at the bottom of all my quotes outlining certain criteria.

"Any unforseen work i.e. underground services, cables, drainage pipes etc., that are not compliant with submitted drawing, may incur increased costs. This applies to any changes either enforced by building control or subsequent alterations by client."

at the bottom of every quote reads:

"Quote valid for 1 month only".

lately, the dynamic economic nature of the metal and energy industries renders prices of some materials, invalid after only 4 weeks!

the cost of lead can go up weekly, although some builders merchants will honour a given price for longer than a month.

Sponsored Links
Hi Noseall

We have a kind of same 'problem' with exchange rates. So our quotes now read:
"Due to possible fluctuations this quotation is valid for 30 days from the above date (except mentioned offer ending dates), see also item 3 in our Terms and Conditions of Trading, but we reserve the right to adjust prices due to sudden currency revisions"

As for other disclaimers:
"we will not be responsible for any changes in the character of the measured area (between the date of the quote and the date the works start) that might affect the performance of the contract. The customer shall indemnify us against any loss or damage that may arise as a result of this."

Sponsored Links
Back