Disconnecting the Karcher K4 hose from the lance

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Afternoon,
Any ideas on how to disconnect the hose from the lance?
I’m pressing the button and twisting the hose but it won’t pull out.
Ta.

Sponsored Links
perhaps the trigger button is not pushing the catch back enough
seems to be simple
I seem to remember one of my neighbours pin broke, when i checked mine - a small bit ws missing - but mines a much older version karcher
I did manage to get the part for just a £1 from karcher in dorking office

Thanks.
Must be knackered out the box then.
Been pushing the button progressively harder and pulling the hose pretty hard too.

Attachments

• zbhxzk9hupl1ltgorhse (1).png
    zbhxzk9hupl1ltgorhse (1).png
    36.3 KB · Views: 116
Sponsored Links
Ok I think I’ve figured it out. Looks like there’s a safety feature so you can’t disconnect any parts until the pressure is released.
This is not explained in the manual…..
I needed to do the following once I’d finished using the washer:
1. Turn the washer off.
2. Press the trigger (to release the water pressure) then simultaneously press the hose release button.
3. Remove the hose from the lance.
4. Turn off water supply.

Once this process has been done you can remove the hose at will by just pressing the hose release button.

Looks like there’s a safety feature so you can’t disconnect any parts until the pressure is released.
that makes sense - to be honest with mine I always disconnect the water and give it a press to release any water in the machine - so no chance of that freezing over winter
But the motor is cooled by the water - so i dont do it for long , just to get any water out , just a quick splurt - maynot do the washers va;lves any good - but nor will frozen water in a karcher , thats what i was told many years ago to do - maybe wrong

so i never have tried to disconnect underpressure - and to be honest i never take the hose off the gun any way , it just sits in a plastic slot on the back

My old K5 used to have a threaded connector where the hose connects to the body, I soon discovered that you have to let the pressure out. It isn't a safety feature, it is literally the pressure making it impossible to undo it otherwise.

I don't understand why you don't turn off the water immediately after you turn off the pressure washer. With mine, the mains water will still go through the machine even after the unit has been turned off. Is your's different or was it a typo?

My old K5 used to have a threaded connector where the hose connects to the body, I soon discovered that you have to let the pressure out. It isn't a safety feature, it is literally the pressure making it impossible to undo it otherwise.

I don't understand why you don't turn off the water immediately after you turn off the pressure washer. With mine, the mains water will still go through the machine even after the unit has been turned off. Is your's different or was it a typo?

Fair point. I run the water through before starting (for the pump) and I guess do it in reverse for some reason.

My pressure washer has a reel for the HP hose, with a crank handle to wind it back in. The handle it near impossible to turn, until the pressure has been released, likewise releasing the lance.

A big problem with the HP hose on a reel, is that when I pull lots of hose off the reel, the hose likes to curl itself back up in loops. The loops catch on absolutely everything.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back