Discontinued kichens

Thanks. After all, jokes are funny, aren't they ?

They are, so i suppose you think i will fly off the handle

we will have to dissagree about the remainder though.

The % of people that do reply to old posts is very tiny, which means most never do. Most "new people" make a few posts and go, never to be heard of again.

I would imagine that any new member who replied to an old post (either deliberately or accidentaly) and got one of your sarky replies as their first contact would indeed not bother making anymore.

Why do you feel the need to police this aspect of the site, why don't you let the Mods do it. :confused:

I guess that you are involved with the site in some shape or form so your responses puzzle me even more, surely you want more people to use the site :confused:

Sponsored Links
Here was me thinking Breezer owned the site!........."or does he" :cool: :eek:

It amuses me how two faced so many (not all) of you are. If it suits you you will jump in (sometimes before me) and "ask" why some one has replied to an old post, other times, as now you will just sit back and think i am just a PITA

I should point out in most cases it actually helps. I shall explain.

New person adds a question to an old long dead and buried post, genuinely expecting a reply.

In most cases the reply will never come because The person who started the post in the first place no longer posts (be that for what ever reason) So New person is waiting for a reply that will never come, so i merely point out their error.

I admit, yes sometimes i get it wrong, but more often than not i don't

I am actualy doing it to make the forum a more friendly place unlike some other forums we could mention.

oh, the thing you all chose to ignore?

forum rules said:
6) Do not hi-jack posts. Hi-jacking is adding your query to somebody else's thread.

By adding a comment to an old post is actually hi-jacking.

Sponsored Links
It amuses me how two faced so many (not all) of you are. If it suits you you will jump in (sometimes before me) and "ask" why some one has replied to an old post

I have never, ever picked someone up on digging up old posts. I can only assume you are referring to Billous.

as now you will just sit back and think i am just a PITA

That's a fair summary of the situation.

so i merely point out their error.

Neither your job or responsibility.

oh, the thing you all chose to ignore?

You are absolutely correct. You know why I ignored it ? It's not my job. It's the Mod's responsibility, not yours or mine.

EDIT: Please read, and more importantly, understand what Mod 3/8 are telling you.

moderator 8 said:
No it isn't.

In the case of a new poster mistakenly asking a new question at the end of an old thread, then we will split it.

sorry mod 8, that's garbage.

if it were true why has this post not been split?

and as the forum rules clearly state "Hi-jacking is adding your query to somebody else's thread"

again moderator 8, i am sorry but you are not right

Breezer, wanna shovel for that hole you are digging ?

The addtional post made was justified, and will in all probability result in a happy conclusion. i.e the guy will get his handles!

Put down the 'Breezer utopia' forum handbook and read this forums rules. You will be a happy person because of it, I promise.

This is to Boxcleva & Breezer

Yes all sorted, I have got my door knobs sorted, really really chuffed. So all in all ansewering old posts DOES get a result maybe not all the time but certainly in mine. So my advice never give up, you never know, your problem could be solved from old posts!!

Now no more bickering boys !! All's well that ends well.
Snakehips

moderator 8 if s you say this thread has not been hi jacked, what has replying to old posts got to do with door knobs which is what it stated about?

door knobs - replying top old posts. no theu don't sond the same to me.

oh and as for moderator 8 doing your job, go pull the other one. there are duplicate posts and posts in the wrong section, so, if you are as good as you claim why are they still there, oh, and there were made 3 hours ago (or close to 3 hours)

and for those that dont like me, tell you what use the ignore button.

moderator 8 if s you say this thread has not been hi jacked, what has replying to old posts got to do with door knobs which is what it stated about?

door knobs - replying top old posts. no theu don't sond the same to me.

oh and as for moderator 8 doing your job, go pull the other one. there are duplicate posts and posts in the wrong section, so, if you are as good as you claim why are they still there, oh, and there were made 3 hours ago (or close to 3 hours)

and for those that dont like me, tell you what use the ignore button.

You need to loosen up a bit. Unclench, just for a moment.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back