Discrimination

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A woman's only craft beer club in Los Angeles is raising funds after s men's rights activis t threatened legal
Action.for discrimination

The eagle rock brewery was threatened with a discrimination law suit in November last year

The brewery settled out of court due to a fear of the financial cost of defending the law suit

Sponsored Links
As long as all the men only institutions can be sued...

As long as all the men only institutions can be sued...

I'm sure they can, however how many women want the shared responsibility along with shared rights?

They're all keen to have what the men want until it comes to working on the bins eh

Sponsored Links
I would think they are just doing it to make a point.

Is St.Andrews Golf Club still men only?

Probably the same.

St.Andrews four years ago voted to "end centuries of discrimination by admitting women" but they, women, are still complaining.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/b...drews-women-members-changing-rooms--clubhouse
Would you find it acceptable if say, disabled people had no access to facilities in the main house because of lack of room?

Anyway, I think the men and the women should just swap. I bet the nice swanky new ladies changing rooms are much nicer than the mens beery fart, sweaty sock smelly old ones. Then everyone would finally be happy, right? :)

Would you find it acceptable if say, disabled people had no access to facilities in the main house because of lack of room?
Well, if it were really because of lack of room, I suppose there is little choice, though it does look rather large.
That was not the question.

Anyway, I think the men and the women should just swap.
Why?

I bet the nice swanky new ladies changing rooms are much nicer than the mens beery fart, sweaty sock smelly old ones. Then everyone would finally be happy, right? :)
No, the women would, as usual, want what women always want - something else.

Isn't one about Employment and the other membership? It is still lawful (in the UK) to have a private club restricted to a particular protected characteristics on the basis that you must confirm to be considered for membership. What isn't allowed is to offer membership to others with lower benefits, higher fees etc..

Sponsored Links
Back