Dish washer not working + build up of black fungus grime

OM2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our dishwasher doesn't seem to be working. Dishes are not washed properly and there are remains of the cleaner.
+ We get the black fungus grime build up.

I've tried:

- Thorough cleaning of all pipes and nozzles and blades (taken off and cleaned).
I've opened mid wash just to take a peak - the blades seem to be coming out with water.

- Baking soda + white wine vinegar on full hot cycle - been there and done many times now (each wash on hot takes 7-8 hours - surely that can't be normal?).

- I've tried dishwasher cleaners. I've tried 2 times. Both times the cleaner is not emptied and the cleaning fluid remains inside. I peeled off the stick on the lid of course. In past years, when used, worked OK with no problems.

- I've added salt + cleaner aid. This I'm sure isn't relevant, but I thought I would mention.

The black fungus grime... I'm calling it fungus - no idea idea what it is... does NOT come off in the wash. Get a wet tissue and simply wipe, it's just comes off no problem. The trays, when you look at, have loads of it. But that is so hard to clean. Happy to clean - if I can get the machine working.

What else can I do?
I feel like giving up!

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
@assuhors aahh... I don't think it is. I never thought of that. I'm 99.99% certain it's not heating at all!
Where would I look to inspect that part?

EDIT: I went through a 11 minute youtube video (on fast play)...
It seems easy enough... but might take me half a day first time round.
Just over estimating.
I've seen the part on sale on ebay and amazon. Not entirely sure which is the correct part.

Just wondering if I should instead invest in a new one?
The one we have is 11 years old.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Siemens AquaStop.
Let me know what you can find.
Thanks.

I would need the ENR. Number probably laser etched onto the top lip of the stainless steel door.

@assuhors See the picture I took below.
Is that enough? Let me know. Thanks.
Type: S9J1S - is this the info you needed?

qwFeyvs.jpg

SE65E330GB/56 is the number I wanted, the Dishwasher was made in June 2005, most likely cause of not heating on this Model is a dry joint on the heater relay on the pcb inside the door.
You would need to remove decor panel and door inner to access pcb.

• Thanks
Reactions: OM2
@assuhors
WOW! That's magic.
Is it something I can fix? Clean or maybe even solder or something?
I'm happy to give it a go.
Are there any videos I can see?
Let me know.
Thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back