dishwasher capacitor keeps burning out.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an indesit D63 dishwasher which is only 2 years old. In the last 6 months I have replace the capacitor twice and it has just gone again. Just before it goes there is a loud "clicking" noise, then a bad electrical burning smell.
Obviously something else is faulty which is making the capacitor burn out. Can anyone help me in trying to find out the cause of the problem.
Also does anyone know of any good site where i might find a wiring diagram for my machine.

Thanks in advance
Simon.

Sponsored Links
It will be the starter capacitor for the induction motor in the wash pump. These do fail sometimes but it is unusual to get repeated failures. I wonder if the motor bearings are binding or there is some other obstruction making the motor work harder than normal?

Sponsored Links
sorry, i should have been a bit more clearer. The capacitor is the one which is connected straight to the motor. it is rated at 4uf. When it is on its way out there is a loud clicking noise coming from either the capacitor of the motor. then it stinks.

cheers. Simon

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back