Dishwasher Drainage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My dishwasher fills up but part the way through a cycle it stops, beeps and when I open the door the water has'nt drained. The dishwasher came free with the kitchen so it is not a known brand. I cannot see any pipes, only a filter at the base inside the dishwasher, which may mean dismantling kitchen units! Any tips on what may cause the drainage problem and how to fix it.
Thank you in advance

Sponsored Links
Sounds as though the pump is not going. The first part of the cycle is usually, pump, rinse, pump.
Can you hear the pump running?. It may be the pump has jammed.
If the machine came with the kitchen is it still under warranty?

Kitchen was installed before I moved in 5 years ago so unlikely to be under warranty. Will listen for pump next time. Thanks for advice. Do you know if built in dishwashers are easy to take out in order to gain access to drainage hose etc?

When you say 'built in', do you mean NOT floor standing, or with a dummy door. (ie intergrated)

Sponsored Links
Hi, I mean with a dummy wooden door built in to look like the other kitchen units.

Thats integrated, If the pump is not running, it could be jammed (mine was with a chicken bone, that got past the filter). You may be able to move the pump with a small screwdriver. remove the filters have a look using a torch & you may be able to free the pump(if this is the problem). otherwise I think you will need to get the machine out & get access to pump.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back