Drainage for a dishwasher question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am building a kitchen with one wall against the sloping part of the roof in an upstairs flat. I have a connection to a 50mm pipe in the crawl space before the 50mm goes out and joins the stack.

The dishwasher is nowhere near the sink and so I need to drain it separately. There is no spare depth, where the dishwasher is to sit meaning the outflow hose will need to go through the dwarf wall into the crawl space and enter the drainage situated there.

I'm not keen to have an open washing machine trap type of affair in the crawl space as any overflow would not readily be seen until it comes through the downstairs ceiling.

Can I use something like a hose connector in a tee piece on a vertical section of 40mm with an AAV at the top and then go through a running trap down towards the 50mm connection (all in 40mm)

//media.diynot.com/77000_76384_75562_91274822_thumb.jpg
Or is there a better way?

Any helpful comments gratefully received

Sponsored Links
Pipe it up directly and use a HepVo inline waterless trap and air admittance at highest point.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back