Dishwasher Indesit DIF 04 Just Wont Start - Aggh

Sponsored Links
Check the brown wires on the front that go the bottom of the door , inspect the thin bar that covers the loom at the bottom poss broken , give them a little tug.

Do you mean this area?

I assume you just re connect and insulate the wires?

Is the area around the wires supposed to look like that? Do they melt the plastic surface to sink the wires under the metal bar?

Yes just join them up and put the wires on the outside of the bar.

Sponsored Links
Pic 3 has a burnt wire. Cut it out and use a connector to join them up

Is the door switch / mechanism actually working? Need to prove this first.

As your aware you will have lights etc and be able to change the wash cycle on the top panel with the door open or closed. That is of course providing the on/off button is in the on position as it is showing in your photo due to the cycle light lit up.

As per 'rocks', check the wiring but just looks like melted black gunge from the door panel due to heat, but is clearly a sign of heat issues so internal wiring could be compromised even if the insulation appears good. Wires can become brittle and break, excess heat from door due to hot water and the opening/closing of the door.
After checking door switch, my advice would be to check continuity of each wire, end to end, rather than breaking into the wires at the door.

Last edited:
Problem solved, it turns out one of the brown wires had snapped. I joined them together again and voila, it works.

Thank you everyone for your assistance.
image.jpeg

Hello.

I may not get reply anymore under this old thread but I will try anyway before I will open another one. So I have exactly the same issue here with the very same model of dishwasher. I can switch between the programs but it doesn't star when I've close the door. I've opened the front and checked all the wires and lock. To the point I even took the micro switch off and just closed the circuit by connecting the brown wires together. When I use screwdriver type probe, it lights up so the circuit must be ok but it still does nothing.
Any other ideas ???

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back