DishWasher not draining unless hose on ground Zanussi DE6744

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

McTaffy

Recently had issue with plastic and corn kernals in blades, but cleaned this out ok.
New kitchen fitted has meant that it was carried in and out of house etc and has extension hose added. We then would receive a flashing light on the drying cycle which according to the manual states that it cannot drain. Checked hose as per manual and OK, took off extension and tried holding the end up, still not draining. Would only drain if hose is sitting on floor/couple of inches off floor.

Any ideas on resolving this issue would be greatly received.

Sponsored Links
Obviously not pumping, so by putting outlet hose near floor you will get a gravity effect to empty it. Don't know what
Recently had issue with plastic and corn kernals in blades, but cleaned this out ok.
means exactley i.e. did you clean the pump out ? If not do so, if so, then you either have a blockage between the pump and the outlet or the pump is damaged.

Hi Bath Jobby

The blades that rotate round and wash the dishes are removeable, so I did this as the water was not coming out to well. Inside I found corn kernals, I am guessing they come from the hamsters stuff, not sure why they are in there (possibly back flow from sink!!!) Why I say Hamsters stuff is because they were still rock hard, and the hamsters corn is dried, whereas ours would be boiled and soft. Also some plastic, I am guessing this is from broken plastic forks, either they have been put in dishwasher, and i guess got past the filter or same as the corn - down the sink. Really I cannot be sure how they got in the blades.

I guess though that if they got in the blades then they could have also got in the pump. I have cleaned at the filters at the bottom, but not sure how to get any further into machine.

Would it be an idea to turn it upside down and see if anything falls out?

Please note that when pipe is on floor and it is emptying, it does look like the water is pumped as it comes out in bursts.

Thanks for your help in this matter.

Have just ran a wash through with hose on floor to a basin, it pumped out 3 basins worth of water, getting cleaner each time. Will keep doing this for little while to see if things improve or if rubbish is pumped out. Will update with results. But anymore ideas in the meantime will be greatly received.

please note 10a

follow the hose back to machine,it will be connected to the pump,take hoses off pump and check for obstruction in pump.

Sponsored Links
If you are getting inside to do that you may also want to take the cover off the pump housing and look in there as one most likely cause of obstruction is around moving parts. Usually find the pump is about the size of your hand (cross section of the pump) and the side cover (all alloy usually) comes off via a few screws to access the impellor housing. If its not blocked look for anything wrapped around the impellor spindle e.g. thread. If you still have nothing then all your left with is the pump input pipe coming from the inner cabinet.... Good luck.

Hi, I just ran another wash through and the water coming out is basically clear now, which I guess is good.

I have disconnected the waste hose and looked at the attachment, it looks fine. The Hose is connected to a white cube, I can see some water in this - not much - and it is clear now. Attached to this white box is the electric motor, so reluctant to do anything with the box. There is also a metal cylinder with black hose each side, would this be the pump.

It definately sounds like the pump is working when it is draining, but even though the water is clear now, a few inches of the ground is the maximum it allows me.

Not sure what the white box is, prior to you saying there was some water in it, I thought it may have been the electrical connection block / box for the motor. The metal cylinder with black hose either side is almost certainly the pump (just an impellor in an alloy case), are there screws on the pump case that you can remove to check the inside ? Usually 4 or 5 ish around the outer edge and simple to remove and refit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back