Dishwasher not draining

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Indesit di 620 has stopped draining.
The filter is clear but the water doesn't drain away.
I've tried hot water & detergent down the hole, poking down the drain and also poking down the outlet pipe but nothing happens.
When I blow down the outlet pipe, nothing happens so I'm assuming there is a blockage somewhere.
Given that I've only had the machine a couple of months, and the filter never gets clogged is it likely that food debris has got past the filter and into the drain??

The machine is integrated so moving it would be hard for me - is this the next option though, or is there anything else I ought to try?

thanks

Sponsored Links
It probably stopped draining after an internal warning was triggered to prevent it overflowing, even if the tiniest piece of debris passed through this will set it off. If you have cleared all the traps and drains as you stated, then what you probably need to do is to reset the machine to let it know its been cleared ( I know that sounded daft! ) .
Anyways! if its a twist dial set it too the 12 position, switch off the power at the machine and then switch off at the mains for a few seconds, switch back on and run through a quick wash ( whilst empty. If its a digital selection, then power off and simply switching off at the mains for a few seconds and then turning it back on should do the trick. If not consult the manual and there should be a section telling you how to reset that particular machine.

ok, thanks for the suggestion.
I'll try this....and hopefully it will be something this simple.

cheers,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back