Dishwasher not drying?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
We have a

Sharp QW-NS1CF49EW-EN Slimline Dishwasher​

nce%20max&utm_term=shopping%7CQW-NS1CF49EW-EN_WH&utm_content=%7Cpaidpla&gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQjwir2xBhC_ARIsAMTXk87V-daajKqidpWLO3HfoKaJWia8Wx262LN8euZsS1dAE0OQ9dsx834aAgF7EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

However the dishes etc come out still wet and thought they were supposed to be dried? Are we doing something wrong? Or does it sound faulty? Are we suppose to be adding something? Or waiting for a particular amount of time?
Thanks all

Sponsored Links
Element possibly failed , open machine during a wash , is it hot water ?

The more expensive machines will either use a fan to suck the moist air out at the end of the cycle or make the door pop open to let the steam out.

My Bosch will have little puddles in the top of cups unless I tilt them towards the very end of the washing cycle. I would not expect vertically stored plates to be wet at the end of the cycle though. It might be the case that your water isn't getting hot enough. The easiest way to check is to pull the door open late in the cycle, you should have steam coming out.

Sponsored Links
Element possibly failed , open machine during a wash , is it hot water ?
Will ask the Mrs. I think it is hot water. Not 100%. When it's finished its no where near the type of heat and steam you should be getting at the end.
We just bought it. Only used it 4 or 5 times now and it's never dried.

Look at the user manual, short programmes do not dry pots. Also look at trouble shooting section for other possible causes. If non of these apply then make a warranty call to the suppliers.

Look at the user manual, short programmes do not dry pots. Also look at trouble shooting section for other possible causes. If non of these apply then make a warranty call to the suppliers.
Have a Bosch , dries at every cycle setting .

It could be a stupid environment thing to get it a high rating, like my henry hover - starts on a low useless setting which gets it its low (good ) star rating and has a boost switch that brings it up to a normal setting.
I have a Bosch a couple of years old and it does not dry as good as the 20 year old one it replaced but just like the henry hover it has a button called "extra dry" which gives a hotter last cycle for better drying.
Strange thing recently noticed is we brought some expensive non stick trays and they do not come out dry so hope its the trays and not the dishwasher. :mad:

We called Sharp and they put us in touch with an engineer who said its just because its a slimline dishwasher and doesn't have much power so that's why it doesn't dry the dishes..
Is that true?
It does give out heat but just not alot.
He said that's just how it is, if it was faulty there would be no heat at all.

Sorry having read the manual again I have to agree with the engineer that it looks like they do not dry very well. Pages EN15 & 21 mention problems with drying and elsewhere it says leave the door open after the cycle finishes to aid drying so it seems like they recognise that their machine does not dry very well. Never had or seen dishwasher in use but I was also under the impression that they dried the dishes after washing them.

They should dry dishes but eu rules which encourage good energy ratings mean corners are cut. You might find another setting works better.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back