Dishwasher not turning on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i'm new to this but learning quickly. Our dishwasher was not getting any power, no lights on the instrument panel nothing!

The isolator on the wall above the worktop used to crackle so I decided to replace. When i did that that the dishwasher worked but shorted and stopped working again. Also the neon light stayed constantly on after I wired the new isolator.

I read I have wired the feed and load the wrong way around, could this have caused the dishwasher to short out or trip the fuse box?

Sponsored Links
The isolator on the wall above the worktop used to crackle so I decided to replace.
How did the cables look?

When i did that that the dishwasher worked
For how long?

but shorted and stopped working again.
What "shorted"? The dishwasher itself? Where?

How do you know?

What does "shorted" mean? What were the symptoms?

Also the neon light stayed constantly on after I wired the new isolator.
Is it still on now, i.e. not affected by whatever happened to/with the appliance?

I read I have wired the feed and load the wrong way around, could this have caused the dishwasher to short out or trip the fuse box?
No, and if the light is still on you've clearly not tripped the circuit breaker/blown the fuse in the CU. Also I think you'd notice if other things on the same circuit had stopped working....

Is the isolator on the wall a fused one? Have you checked the fuse in it?

Have you checked the wiring and the fuse in the dishwasher plug?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back