Dishwasher not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a CDA integrated dishwasher. We started having problems recently when the dishes were still unwashed after the full wash cycle. I have checked the spray arms and the filter at the bottom but cannot find any blockage. I rigged the machine to wash when the door was open and I saw that although water was coming out of the bottom rotating arm the pressure was such that the jets were only going an inch or two into the air, and no water was coming from the middle or top jets. Has anybody any idea what could be the problem. I wondered if it could be a problem with the pump, but in my ignorance I thought a pump either worked or it didn't. It seems it is pumping water through but with much reduced pressure. There are no leaks and all other kitchen appliances are functioning okay. Can anybody help please?

Sponsored Links
Could be pump is failing , but more likely just blocked by food or broken glass/crockery.

Thanks Foxhole (!)
I have removed the pipe that feeds the arms with water and that appears free. I have dismantled the area from where the water emanates and drains as much as I can but there is no apparent blockage there. Would you be able to suggest another area where the blockage may have occurred inside the machine or will it be a case of pulling it out tipping it upside down and taking it apart?
Thanks for your time.
Cheers
Alan

you could have a weak pump or a blocked matrix found on the left hand side ,i dont know the mc it not a popular brand ,some have a coil on the pump to feed the top spray arms that could be open circuit.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that. Hopefully it is a blockage rather than a problem with the pump. I am not familiar with the 'matrix'. Is this part of the pump or a different part of the machine?
Cheers

Alan

Matrix is on the left hand side remove side panel and it's a big plastic square.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back