Dishwasher signals error at the end of full wash programme

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Bauknecht G5X 7551 signals completion of the wash programme with a long bleep.

Recently the machine has "almost", I believe 99% completed the wash programme and gone into error mode (intermittent bleeps) with the pump continuing to exhaust.

Within seconds of clearing the error code and allowing the machine to continue the completion bleep is heard, the pump stops and the machine appear to come to a normal end.

Has someone got any ideas. Its behaviour in completing almost the entire wash cycle seems to eradicate most common faults eg. pump, heater, inlet valve etc.

Be grateful for any pearls of wisdom

Sponsored Links
Baukneckt is Whirlpool in a dress. Post the 12 digit service number on the door sticker. When it fails does the start LED flash in a repeating pattern? If it fails before the cycle is finished, signals an alarm, and the drain pump is running continually it may signal water on the baseplate (a leak). Lean the dishwasher forward (have an old towel ready). Does water run out?

Hi Many thanks for information.. I seem to recall a stiicker on the inside of the door.. If it is the one you mean, it fell off a long time ago, otherwise is the service number also located elsewhere.

Regards other questions, yes the START led flashes regularly - should have mentioned that in addition to bleeping. I clear all the alarms by pressing the START for 2 or more seconds then shut the door.

However, I am hopeful the problem has now been resolved. I started taking the machine to pieces, luckily not too far down that road and noticed the grilled water exit from the "sump" below the removeble fine and coarse filters was choked with white grease/fat/?? . Cleaned and flushed the m/c through in an attempt to get rid of any other gunge that remained. Ran the m/c last night and it completed a normal wash cycle ok. So, I surmise, because of the blocking effect of the grase/fat the pump was unable to remove the water quickly enough at the end of the wash programme. I need to run the m/c a few more times to be certain the problem has been resolved fully. If that is the case, I need to invest in some m/c cleaning agents, which I had always thought were a bit of a gimmick.

Thanks

dishwasher "cleaning" agents were a bit of a gimmick

Sponsored Links
To close this topic.

Following several successful washes I conclude the problem was definitely due to fat/grease gunge blocking up the pipework within the m/c, sort of dishwasher arterial sclerosis.

Thanks to those that replied

Regards

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back