Dishwasher Supply

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would like to fit a Dishwasher into my kitchen. I have two blanked off pipes coming out of the ceiling against the wall. I also have a waste pipe already fitted through the wall, so I presume this is the prefered positon for the dishwasher.
This therefore makes me think the two pipes coming out must be the supply for the Dishwasher.
Is there anyway to check without following the route of the pipes whilst lifting floorboards?
I realise the other option is to simply unblank these pipes and proceed to get wet to find my answer.Niether feel hot nor cold to indicate a supply.

Sponsored Links
if the pipes havent been used then surley they will "aclimatise" to room temp? what connections do they terminate at?

Buy a pair of washing machine valves. Turn off your hot and cold water supplies. Open hot and cold taps at sink to check that water stops flowing. Then undo the banking plugs slowly, catching water in a bucket. The water should stop flowing after you have a few litres out. Attach the valves to the pipes. Turn on cold water first and see which valve is now "live" - if it's the hot one, just swap the plastic levers over. Then turn on hot water. Check for leaks, etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back