Dishwasher Waste Connection

DSA

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Hopefully a simple one, but I just want to check before we go ahead.

We have just acquired a dishwasher, and note that there is no standpipe for it separate to the one for the washing machine. However, we have spotted an interesting trap under the sink, which is probably to get a dishwasher waste in.

Hopefully these pictures below explain the situation.

IMG_1224.jpg

IMG_1230.jpg

Can I just purchase an adaptor to go on the end of this spigot under the sink, to take it from the large (1.5inch?) pipe down to the hose size, and put a jubilee clip on the end? (Or is that not good practice). Alternatively, I would get one of the self cutting non-return things and put it on the horizontal waste seen in the first picture bottom left, but I am not sure if there is enough room to get round the back of it.

Hopefully there is enough information here to get an answer.

Many Thanks,
David

Sponsored Links
You can buy a spigot to fit into that compression part just above the u bend, I can't see the spigot from this angle it may be just a blank. If your hose doesn't reach you can get an extensiuon one with a wide rubber one end and normal rubber other end, wide rubber fits over outlet of existing hose, tighten with hose clip, final end pushes onto spigot and is usually a good enough fit but a hoseclip would be belt and braces.

this relies on the sinl trap which is quite acceptable.

Otherwise put a t on the wash mchn waste and another pipe going up to wash machine waste level and drop it in there.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back