Washing Machine/Dishwasher into waste

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

Looking to add a dishwasher to my existing stable of white goods and rather than drill holes in the wall, wanted to put the waste into the sink waste (with the washing machine).

Anyway got me one of these from ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160377888387&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

and didnt realise it is for standpipe traps.... :oops:

So this one has a hole in the end (top) because obviously on top of a standpipe the water goes down and won't go out the hole...

But where I need it to go is horizontal so in my case it will go out of the hole....

So questions:

a) can anyone recommend the same sort of thing but not for a standpipe? i.e. without a hole in the end?

b) could I just block the hole in this one?

c) Could / should I get a right angled bit of pipe and connect that to the sink drain and then the standpipe connector on top of that?

Hope all that makes sense and thanks for any help in advance....

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
One of these,

WM11_WM_Trap.jpg

Replace your existing trap underneath your sink for the one above, feed your washing machine waste pipe through the side of the cupboard, push it on one of the legs and jubilee clip iton, job done

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back