dishwasher won't heat the water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,

I have a AEG 60860. It's about 5 years old. It has just stopped drying the dishing after the wash. It also seems like it's no longer heating the water as it's stone cold now.

Any ideas what it might be? Is it worth paying for someone to fix or could I replace a component myself?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
No-heat problems can be caused by any of the following; defective element - thermostat/NTC issue - break in wiring/bad connection in the heater circuit - PCB fault - or a defective pressure switch. Checking the element resistance is somewhere between 20 & 30 ohms would be a good place to start. If you need further information please post the PNC number on the door lip.

Also there's a strong chance that whatever blew tripped the house fuse box (is that what it's called?) one night, the breaker for the house sockets had tripped one morning.

Sponsored Links
This model has had some problems with bad soldering on the heater relay contacts. Take out the pcb & inspect the soldering on the back. If that's ok check the heater element resistance with a multimeter on a 1x scale. Then put the meter on the highest scale & check it to earth.

Any idea on where to find the PCB and element? Is it through the bottom of the machine?

Thanks

Pcb in the LH side of the control panel (behind the buttons). Display module is on the RH side. The control panel has to be removed to get at either (note: take the door front off before trying to remove the control panel). The inline element is in the base of the machine. There is a removable panel at the lower rear of the dishwasher. It may give you enough access to check the element (a tight squeeze). If can't get to the element via the rear cover then remove the RH side panel.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back