Disinfectant poisoning

He was miss-quoted and the media got the daggers out (again).

Any person with even the smallest amount of intelligence could see he DIDN'T tell anyone to inject disinfectant ffs.
It's impressive how you've ignored the entire thread. Well done.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
The guy is a prize plonker, dangerous, thick and lord knows how he's still in power..
But.. people should also take responsibility for themselves too.. if Trump told them that jumping off a cliff will stop them dying of Covid, would they do it? I It seems that we have lost common sense and the ability to think... Too many years of being nannied I guess!?

Jumping off a cliff will very likely stop them dying of covid-19.

"And I then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in one minute, and is there a way you can do something like that by injection inside, or almost a cleaning. Because you see it gets in the lungs, and it does a tremendous number on the lungs. So it'd be interesting to check that. So you're going to have to use medical doctors, but it sounds interesting to me, so we'll see."

Where in there has he told people to inject disinfectant?, he was musing an idea.

"And I then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in one minute, and is there a way you can do something like that by injection inside, or almost a cleaning. Because you see it gets in the lungs, and it does a tremendous number on the lungs. So it'd be interesting to check that. So you're going to have to use medical doctors, but it sounds interesting to me, so we'll see."

Where in there has he told people to inject disinfectant?, he was musing an idea.
A stunningly stupid idea. On live TV where they tell the US public what to do to protect themselves from Covid-19.

Yep, the fat orange, thick as sheeite, fanny necked liar - did say inject disinfectant inside.
the whole sentence was
"and is there a way you can do something like that by injection inside"
So it was a question that he asked the medical experts that were with him. Shame on the medical experts for not instantly answering him and making it quite clear to the nation what a stupid and dangerous thing it would be to do.

Please don't get me wrong here, I think what he said was thick beyond belief, even a simpleton would know not to inject themselves with disinfectant, and the fact that this was the words of the President of the USA, the worlds greatest economy, makes his words even more surreal. I totally agree the bloke is a prize one moron - But he did not tell any one to inject themselves with anything.

...... even a simpleton would know not to inject themselves with disinfectant,.....

No, they really wouldn't.
Why do you think we lock harmful chemicals and products away?
So that those with lesser mental faculty (be they children, or "simpletons" to use your vernacular), are less likely to come to harm from misusing them.

You are falling for the "everyone knows....." fallacy, and thinking that everyone is of your level of intelligence, or similar.

Trump did not say to inject but he did ( in many people's opinion ) say words that strongly implied that if there was disinfectant in the body then the virus would be dead within a minute. Trump appeared to be looking for a way to get disinfectant into the body to control Covid-19.

Putting aside those who would believe Trump's every word and implication there are normal people who terrified by the thought of catching Covid-19 would maybe in desperation try injecting or other means to get ""life saving"" disinfectant into their body.

Never underestimate the irrational behaviour that some people will exhibit when under stress.

A few years ago there was ( apparently ) a group of mothers in the UK who believed that giving enemas containing disinfectant to their children would kill parasites that caused the children to be autistic

No, they really wouldn't.
Why do you think we lock harmful chemicals and products away?
So that those with lesser mental faculty (be they children, or "simpletons" to use your vernacular), are less likely to come to harm from misusing them.

You are falling for the "everyone knows....." fallacy, and thinking that everyone is of your level of intelligence, or similar.

Trump did not say to inject but he did ( in many people's opinion ) say words that strongly implied that if there was disinfectant in the body then the virus would be dead within a minute. Trump appeared to be looking for a way to get disinfectant into the body to control Covid-19.

Putting aside those who would believe Trump's every word and implication there are normal people who terrified by the thought of catching Covid-19 would maybe in desperation try injecting or other means to get ""life saving"" disinfectant into their body.

Never underestimate the irrational behaviour that some people will exhibit when under stress.

A few years ago there was ( apparently ) a group of mothers in the UK who believed that giving enemas containing disinfectant to their children would kill parasites that caused the children to be autistic
agreed and agreed,
and this is why I say shame on the medical experts in the room who did not immediately get to their feet and make it clear what a dangerous and stupid idea Trump was having. Yes they would have been sacked, but they would have easily stepped into other lucrative rolls.

agreed and agreed,
and this is why I say shame on the medical experts in the room who did not immediately get to their feet and make it clear what a dangerous and stupid idea Trump was having. Yes they would have been sacked, but they would have easily stepped into other lucrative rolls.
And then there would be no one to give any good advice to the public. It's not an argument I agree with but it does make sense.

But people have to take responsibility for their own actions, not rely on others to stop them if they're rambling about dangerous treatments as the head of the US government.

Edit: also Trump, as many love pointing out again and again, didn't say 'go inject disinfectant now!'. He asked the scientists to look into it. At that point you're not going to say 'its a terrible idea, not worth it' even if it is. It's all well and good being fired for standing up to dangerous advice, but refusing to investigate something during a press conference is a different kettle of poisoned fish.

Last edited:
Maryland state officials

Have received calls / enquiries from. People asking if they should self medicate with toilet cleaner

:LOL::LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back