Dismantling toilet waste pipe?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
To be able to unsolder a pipe connection and to solder a new one I think I will have to remove the toilet waste first.

In the shower room below the bathroom the bathroom waste comes down the corner of the shower room, behind the waste are the two 15mm pipes for the shower room basin,

They did go under the floor tiles but I don't think thats a good idea so I want to re-route them externally round the walls and the shower plinth.

The waste appears to have glue at the joints and possible concreted in at the bottom but there may be a push fit there, not sure as I have not excavated some of the concrete.

So is it a saw and new adaptors or is there an easier way?

Sponsored Links
It has to be moved to get access to the 15mm pipe to be able to solder them, unless it is heat resistant?

If you have to remove it, solvent joints will never come apart.

Only option is to cut a section out, do what you need to behind it, and replace. Couple of slip collars, some pipe lubricant and make sure all cut edges are chamfered.

Sponsored Links
That sound about right.
Thank you
I will have a look to see if there are any other ways. The pipes are behind the waste, and right in the corner of the room.
The pipes were laid under the floor tiles and the hot ruptured exactly where someone would step into the room, IE compressed by footfall and not enough lagging around it to protect it.
I don't want to redo this in the near future.

Word of warning. If the pipes have been laid in a concrete floor without sufficient protection, the concrete will eventually corrode the copper. (It may not be footfall that has caused the leak.)

If you are looking at rerouting them on the surface then this would be a good idea. (Despite soil pipe being in the way!)

Thank again for confirming my thoughts.
There was a dent on the pipe where the rupture took place so I assumed it was footfall rather than corrosion

There is not enough room.
The 4" is in the corner with gaps around it and the 15mm are right in the corner of the wall. I need access to remove a T and pipe and to replace the T and new pipe.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back