Disposal of dead mice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a mouse issue in my garage - so put down 2 traps and bingo - first night 2 bodies. (Mars Bar as bait!!)

The advice on the trap says burn or bury the bodies. Now the Mrs says no way to burying in the garden - we get lots of squirrels/foxes etc that love to dig. Don't want to start a fire on the lawn either.

Her idea is to take the bodies to the local nature reserve and put them there. Her reasoning is that the mice must die in the wild and then rot or get feasted upon by the other wildlife.

Anyone think this is a stupid idea?

If burning is only resort would one of those dustbin style incinerators be my best bet?

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Bag themm and put them in your wheelie bin (if you have one). Seems you are going to extremes to dispose of two little mice. or

Throw them over the fence into your neighbours garden and blame it on the local cat population if asked.:cool:

put them in the bin and have done with it, and put the same traps back out again

Dead mice are fully biodegradable so there's nothing wrong with the wheelie bin. They will end up either in an incinerator or a landfill site, both of which are in line with the instructions. You're just getting the council to earn their keep and do it for you.

I would put them in a compost heap (with lid) if you have one. I've even put dead starlings in and they rot away completely. Not a single bone has ever been found.

Sponsored Links
i have found with the traps that kill them with the metal bar, after you caught one, that's it they tend to leave a trace/ smell on it and wont catch anymore.

The humane traps are quite good, just then need to take the mouse a good mile/2 miles away. as they have good homing devices....
i got rid of 8 eventually, the bu**ers breed so quick

Leejames said:
i have found with the traps that kill them with the metal bar, after you caught one, that's it they tend to leave a trace/ smell on it and wont catch anymore.

the smell of a fresh mars bars seems to be stronger, used mine several times

Our cat drops them as presents (feeding the house etc.). With a rat however, it rips its guts open and leaves it on the doorstep. Guess who leaves the house for work at 5am (fiirst), guess what I've trod in on more than one occasion, guess what colour our front lawn can be ? :eek:
(Sometimes think I've kept a slipper on !!!!)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back