Disposing of bathroom suite

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'll be taking an old but good quality bathroom out in the next few weeks.

Armitage Pedestal basin, WC, bidet and shower lux bath all in cream.

Any ideas on the best way to dispose of it or is it just straight in to the skip?

Sponsored Links
Advertise it on Ebay for 99p on the condition the buyer takes everything!

See if you get any takers!

If you leave it in driveway with FREE sign on it you MIGHT find someone to take it away for you.

Tony

Or try Free Cycle, I got rid of 500 used bricks, the bloke came around with a milk float and picked them up.

Andy

Free cycle's a new one on me.

I've given stuff to Homeless UK before but not sure if they're into bathroom suites, and they won't answer the bloody phone.

I've advertised cheap / free stuff in the paper before but it can attract shop owners looking to get stock on the cheap.

Sponsored Links
Advertise it on Ebay for 99p on the condition the buyer takes everything!

See if you get any takers!

If you leave it in driveway with FREE sign on it you MIGHT find someone to take it away for you.

Tony

Don't forget to add 'vintage' in the description, and some mug will pay a bundle for it. ;)

or do what a mate working in London does - put a sign on it "FOR SALE £50"

it'll have been nicked by the end off the day!

(I'm told he disposed of a washing machine, tumble drier and fridge freezer this way last time he did a kitchen refit)

Or try Free Cycle
I've got rid of a few bits via Freecycle.

I always put our post code in the title and body of the offer, plus "near B&Q".
One guy asked if I could deliver the vacuum cleaner. When I asked where to it turned out lived just under 100 yards away, between us and B&Q !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back