Distance between boiler and kitchen wall unit

r_c

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
(I put this question under Plumbing as it involves a boiler ... hope that's okay)

I have 790mm between the edge of a wall hung boiler and another wall, and I would like to put up a kitchen wall unit in this space. I would like to maximise the use of this space, but am weary about hanging a unit too close to the boiler.

Is there a recommended (legal?) distance I should keep between the boiler and the wall unit?

Sponsored Links
Have at look at the manufacturers installation instructions - there is usually a minimum clearance to either side to allow for both safety and servicing requirements.

• Thanks
Reactions: r_c
Get your kitchen fitter to do it..They great at maximising cupboard space..You cant get anywhere near the boiler without dismantling said cupboards but what thehell!

Sponsored Links
leave enough room to allow and engineer to easily access the side of the boiler casing in case any significant work needs done, otherwise they may refuse to work on the boiler.

• Thanks
Reactions: r_c
Thank you all. I have found a 700mm tall unit to fit the space.

Get your kitchen fitter to do it
Haha - I have enough trouble finding a kitchen fitter to fit a kitchen, let alone a single wall unit! :) Well, maybe I should give him a call ... worth a try at least ... he'll definitely do a cleaner job than I can.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back