Distemper...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Looks like we have got distemper paint on the ceiling,so far we have scraped off as much as we can and i have now washed the ceiling with warm soapy water, gotta do it a few more time yet..Anyhow i have read that once you have the distemper off (or as much as i can manage) you will have to use either Alkali resistant primer or water based stain sealer. Now for the question...do either of these paints smell, i hate the smell of certain paints gloss for example as that gives me a migraine ggrrrr....So is there a non smelling paint fit for the purpose..

Sponsored Links
Alkai resisting primer stinks to high heaven I hate the stuff..but is effectively in blocking problems from any resisdue left behind.

The water based stuff should do the job for you..it will need thinning first though

OK thanks for that i will go for the water based paint. Fed up of this decorating now, quite like the grey ceiling effect we currently have :p

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back