Diversity question re cooker installation.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I wish to install 2 new ovens (built in Siemens) and an Induction Hob (Siemens) and use the present cooker circuit to power them.

Is my application of the diversity formula correct and if so can I wire them all in to the present circuit?

oven 1 3.5kw
oven 2 3.6kw
hob 7.1kw
total 14.3kw

I = 14300/230 =62.2a

1st 10amp + 30% of remainder

use the 1st 10amps of 62.2a leaving 52.2amp.

30% of the remaining 52.2amp = 15.66a

1st 10amps + 15.66amps = 25.66amps.

Circuit is 32amps.

So this should be ok. Yes No ?

The cooker circuit is not RCD protected but straight to the consumer unit which has 8 circuits, 4 on an RCD.

It can be switched to the RCD part of the unit as there is a spare.

Sponsored Links
Cheers.

I dont intend to extend the circuit but the actual cooker point may need moving 6 inches to the left.

Can I simply replace the cable from the isolation switch and put a slightly longer one to where to cooker point will be situated?

The 2 ovens will be mounted above each other in the units. Can I put a junction box behind them, wire them together and run a single cable from the junction box to the cooker point?

The cooker point will then have a single cable from the induction hob and a single cable from the ovens.

Should I use the same size cable. At present it is 6mm.

Will this require wiring into the RCD part of my consumer unit?

Cheers

I dont intend to extend the circuit but the actual cooker point may need moving 6 inches to the left.
Won't that be shortening the cable?

Can I simply replace the cable from the isolation switch and put a slightly longer one to where to cooker point will be situated?
Strictly speaking, that would require the RCD.

The 2 ovens will be mounted above each other in the units. Can I put a junction box behind them, wire them together and run a single cable from the junction box to the cooker point?
No, wire them all to one of these -
pr2173.jpg

Should I use the same size cable. At present it is 6mm.
Use 4mm²

Will this require wiring into the RCD part of my consumer unit?
Strictly speaking, yes.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back