Diverter Valve Issues after rebuild

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ive only been able to get hot water when i put the heating on for some time now. So after some investigation it seemed a likely culprit would be a stuck diverter valve. So i got a rebuild kit and took it apart and fitted it back in the boiler. This dosent seem to have fixed the issue.

My diverter valve has valve ontop that pushes a rod up to activate a microswitch for the heating and a valve on the side that pushes a rod out to activate a microswitch for the hot water. The heating works fine but, when i turn on the tap for hot water i can see the rod being pushed out, so i know the diverter isnt stuck anymore but it dosent come out far enough to activate the microswitch (which dose turn the boiler on).

Its as if there there isnt enough pressure acting on it to push it our further but i belive my water pressure is at its highest or the spring is to stiff. I thought the rods of the new parts might be smaller but the parts i replaced are exactly the same as what came out.

any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Which boiler do you have ?

A photo of the valve showing the pin while a hot water tap running also helps,a few photos :idea:

Its a vokera maxi. i thought i had some on my phone but they are blurred. Ill take some tonight.

With hot water off

with hot water on

and you can see it not reaching the micro switch

any ideas??

Sponsored Links
anyone? i have an easy fix as the boiler is old and dont really want to spend any money on it. glue suitable length tubing in the end of the push rod so it dose active the switch but id like to know if there is a reason for it still not activating the switch?

It is not a Vokera Maxi it is a Vokera Maxin and you need to replace the DHW diaphragm

Have to assume the full repair kit has been fitted correctly.It can be checked as previously mentioned.
Other check is the venturi but vokera call it a non return valve (part 0873) this has a filter which needs to be clean also check it is all in position.
Above are basic checks but bear in mind the plate heat exchanger could be partially blocked.Others could have other suggestions but its an old appliance and many boiler repair companies dont repair older boilers.

With correct service this boiler will last for many years although your boiler is more mechanical than the new ones so you need an experienced vokera expert to maintain it,not a FGA prodder.
Boiler manual is online if you have not got one,

Last edited by a moderator:
great info guys, is this non return valve on the diverter valve assemble or somewhere else. thanks so much for the help.

Last edited:
Plenty of parts available for your boiler,it will last longer than you think.

But

It needs an experienced gr claudio repair tech :idea: thou.

Not a flue prodder and pda pusher.

I do agree that Vokera are pretty good at providing long sales support.

But there were no spares for an old Vok water heater that I went to see that was fitted by Claudio himself.

spares for vokera multipoint products,maybe not as these were rebadged (secret) boxes and the component factories have long closed due to poor initial demand.

plenty of spares available for older vokera products dmcf ,21-84 dmcf,rs turbos,flowmatics and on and on to date.

Tony,you will know the part supply companies in London that do national mail order

A great revenue stream for a boiler tech's as these boilers need mechanical repairs/servicing and not flue prodding/pda laptop key tapping.

Thank you GR (y)

s this non return valve on the diverter valve assemble or somewhere else.
its in the opposite manifold to the right,to the rear and its in your photo,often its a 24mm ring spanner job but in yours room is available for a socket from a car socket set.

if your thinking of keeping the boiler,it may be a good idea to buy some spares now or use http://www.adlink.co.uk/ for recon spares,they wont give advice thou.

With periodic servicing your boiler will last 10 years + even more,a lot more.

I do agree that Vokera are pretty good at providing long sales support.

But there were no spares for an old Vok water heater that I went to see that was fitted by Claudio himself.

Actually I did manage to trace the ignition unit that I needed from Italy.

But the pilot light was so unstable that I had to give up bothering with it as the owner did not want to buy parking vouchers for me. He expected me to park in a restricted area at my own risk!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back