Diverter valve problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Fitted new diverter valve today to Worcester 9.24 When the water turned back on it leaked through the spindle ie at the micro switch operating end and between the two main bodies [diaphram housing and main body].
So I took it off again took it back[1hour away] got a replacement, they said they had never known the problem before, Fitted the replacement and it leaked just the same but also from the gland containing the plastic adjusting screw I cured this with adjustment to the gland, and after a while the leak from the switch end cured itself and the final one between the two bodies has slowed down.
Anyone had this or have any ideas, the new valve is a "Banico"

Sponsored Links
1. Did you replace the entrie valve or just the diaphram inside? Sounds as though the diaphram isn't centered properly.

2. My valve leaked a little at the microswitch end initially but cleared up quickly...it is just a nylon seal at that part.

Unclestoo

Thanks for your reply, I replaced the whole assembly on both occasions, it is still leaking onlly very slightly from the section where the two bodies join

Sponsored Links
I think banico only sell giannoni valves. Never had a new one leak there.
Turn the mains off and open a tap to take pressure off the diaphragm side to determine source?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back