Diverter valve - question about changing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

We have a simple radiator/hot water cylinder system with a 3 port valve and a diverter valve on it (please excuse me if I am getting all the terms wrong here, im no plumber!). At present the diverter valve is knackered, the hot water and radiators are not running independantly - the valve itself is clicking away and everytime we need hot water, we get cooked!

Anyway, what I want to know is this: the diverter valve we have at the moment is a Danfoss one, however at my workplace, we have some Honeywell ones knocking about - is it possible to whip off the danfoss one and put a honeywell one on? Whats involved with this, is it as simple as changing the diverter and rewiring, or does the entire 3 port valve to which it is attached, have to be changed also?

Many thanks,

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back