Question about diverter valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction about whether you think I need to change my boiler diverter valve or not.

I have a tank based hot water, heating system. The diverter valve that I have is Honeywell V4073A1039. The central heating works perfectly fine when switched on but I only get partially hot water. I have tried varying the hot water tank thermostat but same result.

The flick switch on the diverter valve seems loose which potentially means that it is stuck in one position, but if that is the case then why do I get partially hot water and not completely cold?

If someone can advise whether there is a way this can be fixed then that will be much appreciated :)

Sponsored Links
If you set it for HW only/CH off does the lever on the valve then have resistance?

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I cant feel any resistance, which is why i thought the diverter valve needs replacing, but the fact that I get warmish water makes me wonder if it is indeed broken or not.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Turn the power off completely and then check the lever - resistance?

Take a look at #17 in the FAQs. That should help more easily than us playing tennis in a thread! Good luck.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back