DIY Apps - Are they any good for decorating tips etc?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just been on the Apple App store and theres a few DIY apps with material calculation etc and decent tutorials but 'm not sure what to get.

Has anyone else ever downloaded any of these apps, and if so were they any good? I'm starting to decorate my new house and its got no internet so I'm looking for something that covers a lot of material without a net connection to help me out a bit.

So far there's DIY DO IT which looks the most promising and a few others that I cant remember.

Any opinions welcome, cheers :D

Dave

Sponsored Links
Never tried them... why not just use your phone as a modem for your laptop?

TBH most apps are just short cuts to info that is available on the web for free anyway.

Why let those tax avoiding gits at apple charge you 23% VAT, YES 23% VAT!!!

They put their iTunes servers in Ireland so that they could take advantage of the low corporation taxes there, they really don't care a jot about the fact that the majority of their customers are subsidising their low corp taxes by paying the higher Irish VAT.

Sorry end of rant, and in conclusion, decorating apps are probably a complete waste of money

Dear Mods

Please leave this thread, I shall explain why.

I thought it odd that someone would only mention one specific app.

I have since discovered that a duplicate post was posted elsewhere today by someone called Davey82

DEAR DIYERS, IF YOU WANT TO WASTE MONEY ON APPS PLEASE FEEL FREE, in the meantime I will be happy to exchange a cow for some magic beans...

Sponsored Links
Dulux do quite a good free app which suggests which colours (from their mindbogglingly large range) go with any other of their colours you care to tell them about.

It saves you leafing through a million Tailor Made colour charts and can sometimes help you persuade unadventurous clients to see that the combinations you're suggesting are officially approved ones!

FWIW the ones it's come up with for me so far have been very good - and not necessarily ones I'd have thought of trying.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back