DIY CCTV

LJ1

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

I am wondering if it would be worth a complete amateur trying to figure out how to set up CCTV! I'm assuming not, so I'll probably get a professional company in to do it for me! Thanks for any advice!

Sponsored Links
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Depends how much time you have and how good you are at research. There's a website (www.google.com) that has a lot of info. It's not really hard to do, it just take a bit of time and planning.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just make sure that you know what you want it to do. You're not going to be able to read number plates with a £50 camera and a lens wide enough to see your whole front garden...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It really is nothing complex, the pain is just doing the cable runs nice and tidy!

Good information and kit deals on http://www.icctvsystems.co.uk with good support on getting the networking side of things set up!

The QVIS 720p HD IP kits using an all in one mini NVR with POE switch built in, are a good option.

Sponsored Links

LJ1

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi again everyone!

Thanks for all your help, but I found a local company to me that does CCTV http://www.acurasystems.co.uk/ is their website and I'm hoping they can come out soon!

Thanks again everyone for your help, but sometimes I think it's best to leave some things to people who know what they are doing!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I do hope they're not going to be using an internal patress and blank plate as an external joint box? Also, cable clipped up the side of the gate frame is a bit crap!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hahaha.... do love it when people post pictures on their website of shoddy workmanship.

Sponsored Links